Although we are fortunate to have many experienced players, a healthy supply of learners are just as important to the orchestra.
If you're considering joining us and taking up the flute or a percussion instrument, as a beginner or otherwise, then read on.
Perhaps you already have some experience of playing the flute or percussion instruments. In this case, you will be welcomed directly into the main Orchestra. We don't expect everybody to be an expert and don't be put off if you're a bit rusty. By playing regularly within the orchestra, and with the support of the conductor and other players, it'll be like you never put your flute down.
Equally, if you began learning and didn't quite follow through with your lessons, please still get in touch. We can help you pick up from where you left off.
Remember that we don't do auditions. We tend to do things in a more relaxed manner and a lot more informally.
If you want to come and give it a try, please get in touch.
The monthly membership fee is currently £20. That's less than £5.00 per week across the year.
Your membership includes:
- An instrument - so you do not need to buy or hire (in most cases),
- Weekly rehearsal time with guidance and instruction from an excellent conductor,
- The chance to perform regularly in concerts and contests across Central Scotland,
- Opportunities to attend occasional events with the British Flute Society in Scotland,
- Occasional weekends away and social events.
Come along to one of our rehearsals on Sunday evenings between 7.00pm and 9.00pm in the Carluke Lifestyles Centre, Carnwath Road, Carluke, ML8 4DP. You'll be very welcome.
Please contact us first, especially during holiday periods. We don't want any wasted journeys!